Successful asset tracking results in more accurate budgeting, better control of assets, and effective life-cycle management of assets. Asset tracking is an important part of overall asset management.
Here are some just of the benefits of implementing an asset management program:
- Accountability by users
- Improve ROI , saving money by not purchasing or maintaining unnecessary assets.
- Re-deploy unused assets
- Improved vendor management
- Timely renewal of insurance and service contacts.
- Gaining access to accurate information relating to your assets saves time and increases an organizations ability to make logical decisions regarding your investments.
- Asset lifecycle management – realize costs and time associated with the management of assets. Creating efficiencies and reducing TCO becomes possible only when an accurate asset roadmap is defined.